Sunday, February 13, 2011

Originally Posted: January 24, 2007 - By: Dr. Lindhorst
 
It has almost been a year since I’ve posted on this blog! Wow… Hard to believe how fast the time has gone by! So now here we are…early 2008. Since I wrote last time much has happened…
First of all we had a whole summer of fun. At the very beginning of the summer, I enjoyed working for my dear friend; Dr. Pam Clark in Pearland while she was taking time off with her first baby. It was such a great experience to work in another pediatric dental office and to learn new things.
At the end of May we took a trip to San Antonio for the annual American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry conference. It was great to learn few new pearls of pediatric dentistry and to catch up with many pediatric dentists from all over the United States. We all worked very hard this summer and I was excited to welcome many new and wonderful patients to our office. As always in the midst of the summer rush, we took the week of July 4th off to rest a bit from the craziness. Bill, Christoph and I went to California to hike in Big Bear area and to relax with friends in San Fernando Valley.

At another point of the summer my husband and I also went to San Francisco and Napa Valley for a long weekend and enjoyed the beautiful weather there and a wedding of a college friend of mine.

Overall, summer was busy, busy and for me it was a bit tiring since I was also growing a whole new baby! By the end of the summer I was barely fitting in our office with my huge tummy and my beautiful son, Lukas was born on October 13th, 2007. He is a quiet, loving, smiley and beautiful baby. So sweet! Few great pediatric dental ladies helped me in running the office while I was being a mommy. Some of you might have met them… Dr. Clark, Dr. Dube and Dr. Jetton. I can’t thank them enough for taking care of all of you and of my staff! Meantime we were adjusting at home to a life with 2 boys. Christoph has gone through the transition smoothly and has been a great big helper for me. I’m so excited about them playing together in the future! Christoph is also at school now and he is enjoying that greatly.

Professionally speaking, I have joined a great study club called Seattle Study Club, which reviews many dental topics monthly. We have had some neat orthodontic lectures and case discussions and next month we have a team building workshop for all the staff in our office. I am delighted to be invited to be part of this study club and I have enjoyed many benefits of it.

I also attended a practice management class in Las Vegas put on by the Levin Group, a leader in dental practice management. It was wonderful and I have hired the Levin Group to help me develop our practice and make it better. I hope all of you will see that and enjoy hanging out with us.

Finally the holiday season came along and we had a really good time. I loved seeing all my older patients again. What fun it is to hear about all their college majors, stories, places they’ve been to and all kinds of other fun things they tell us! We had our office holiday party at Michelangelo’s restaurant and everybody enjoyed the great food and the fun games. We even had our summer hygienists; Gina and Clarence come and enjoy the party.

Speaking of Gina, did you guys know she just had a baby??? A beautiful, healthy baby boy Hunter. We have very much enjoyed following her pregnancy and looking at the baby’s pictures. And I guess this pregnancy thing is in the water because Stefanie, our office manager and hygienist is also expecting a baby. This will be a second one for her and we are all waiting for June to find out whether it’s a boy or a girl. So do tell her CONGRATULATIONS when you see her next time!

All our staff had happy holidays and I think that everyone got all the gifts they had wanted ? We are now back to work and perfecting our practice to get ready for yet another summer. I hope to see many of you then, but I promise to write sooner than one year from today!

No comments:

Post a Comment