Sunday, February 13, 2011

Originally Posted: May 15, 2007 - By: Dr. Lindhorst
 
Well, well, well… The holidays had come and gone! We have seen many of our wonderful patients over the holidays and we are very happy to catch up with you! It was especially nice to see many of the older kids coming back from college to hang out with us. It is always a pleasure to hear all about your plans for the future and how school is going. To our high school seniors… Good Luck in the near future finding out about your college admissions. I believe in all of you! I’m sure you will get into the right place for you!
As for our holiday season-we had a great time here at Smiles For Kids! We worked hard and played hard! Our office had all kinds of fun decorations put up by Malgosia. We had Christmas movies playing all season long. I think we know many of them by heart! On the 16th of December we had a Christmas party at my house. It was a lot of fun. The food was delicious, gifts were fun, and we even got to dance by the end of the party! You should have been there.

All of our staff had a great and safe holiday season. Everyone’s family is doing well and all got the gifts they needed. Everybody even made it through New Year’s Eve activities and is now safely back to work.


But we hit January running! I went to Ft. Worth to take a wonderful class that reviews all topics of pediatric dentistry. And yes, of course I was there during the ice storm! But I got to see some of my pediatric dental friends and it was good to catch up on some knowledge and some fun. And most of all, I took this class in preparation for a test I took on March 9th, second part of the Pediatric Dental board exam. I took the first written part 2 years ago and now it was time for the practical part. So I spent lots of time studying and finally I flew to Dallas to take the test. Talk about a stressful day! This is a very well designed oral exam that takes 2 hours of answering question on various cases of pediatric dental issues. Impressive test, but surely stressful. But that’s OK-a month later it turned out I passed! So for all of you interested in titles, I am now past all the possible exams and a Diplomate of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry!
Sometime in the midst of all the studying, Martina, Yvette (my wonderful assistants) and I participated in Give Kids a Smile Day at the University of Houston Dental School. We volunteered all Saturday morning to do dental work for low income children in need. It was a lot of fun and I truly appreciated having my assistants there with me. They were wonderful as always.

In the meantime we took a little vacation and went to visit my grandma in Krakow, Poland. We took Christoph with us and it was an interesting quick trans-Atlantic trip.

I also want to tell you guys about our new panoramic digital x-ray machine. Now we can take the pictures we used to have to send you to an outside facility and make our diagnosis of dental findings complete without sending you all around town.

Now we are ready for the summer. We are hoping again to see many of our wonderful patients this year! Come out of the pools, camps, sunbathing activities and join us for an hour to catch us up on your life. We are waiting for you with excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment