Sunday, February 13, 2011

Originally Posted: September 20, 2009 - By: Dr. Lindhorst
It is fall again at Smiles For Kids and time to update you on our fabulous summer! So first and foremost… we had the AAPD (American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry) conference this year in Hawaii… yes… you read it right! Most of our staff went to this conference and we had a great time! The actual conference was in Honolulu and we stayed at a lovely Hilton Hotel on Waikiki beach. The classes were excellent and I think everyone learned a lot about practice management, better billing systems, dental materials advancements etc. All kinds of excitement!!! We managed to go to class despite the lovely Hawaiian weather, but we also spent time at the pool, at the beach and connecting with old friends. It was so great to see my co-residents that are now all over the world and to meet pediatric dentists from everywhere. We also had some great “girl time” here and there as you can see from the pictures.

After a few days in Honolulu our “significant others” and families flew in and we all split up and went to explore Hawaii. So very, very fun! I took my family to Kauaii and the Big Island. Can’t even start telling you how amazing those places are!!! And everyone including my little boys did so well hiking, trekking and having a blast!

And then the rest of the summer was a huge blur! We saw so many of our lovely patients!!! We had fun learning of their summer adventures. We had a postcard contest where our patients sent in postcards from vacation and won prizes for best ones. Kayla White and the Fowler family won the prizes this year. Kayla sent us a postcard from Disneyworld and the Fowlers vacationed in Rockport and hang out on the beach. THANK YOU for sharing your vacation with us!

Bill, the boys and I took few quick summer trips. We went to San Diego area to hang out with friends and in San Diego Zoo and Legoland again. We also went to Galveston to the Moody Gardens for a weekend and to Lake Travis for 4th of July. Christoph went to Disneyworld and to see space shuttle launch. How cool is that??? I’m attaching a picture of that just because it is so very, very neat!!! Bill and I also took a quick weekend to trip to our favorite Napa Valley. That was our treat for our 9th wedding anniversary and we really enjoyed cooling off in the northern California summer.

I had a pleasure of doing a few short (sprint) triathlons this summer. One with a girlfriend and one with my dad. I had a great time doing one with Holly, but it was so special to do one with my dad! He worked so hard to be able to do this 300 meter swim, 16 mile bike ride and a 3 mile run all together. He had fun I think and the boys and my mom came to cheer us on. It truly was fun, fun, fun!

And here we are now, the fall is here, the weather is getting bearable! We are adjusting our gears from the crazy summer and trying to relax. We hope to see many of you at our fall Skating Party at the Dairy Ashford Roller Rink! Right before that I’m taking all my boys for a week “post summer” relaxation at the Grand Canyon. I have a dental management workshop in Scottsdale for few days, so we will work hard and play hard all in one week. We are also about to enjoy an afternoon of fun and relaxation at the Houstonian Hotel Spa. It should be a fun afternoon for all the girls. I do hope to do some fun girly time, bonding and have some fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment